IFRS 9 TRAINING
In this practical training course, you will get an in-depth hands-on learning experience to understand the accounting of financial Instruments under IFRS 9 which was from 1 January 2018. IFRS 9 replaces the existing IAS 39 and impact the following key areas:
- Classification and Measurement
- Impairment Methodology
- Hedge Accounting
The deepening integration of the key finance related functions, from strategy and planning through to Risk, Finance and Treasury means that IFRS 9 will have a widespread impact across the business. The primary impact on your overall business model and financial reporting functions will, however, arise from the changes to the Impairment Methodology.
The instructor will share experiences on the implementation of IFRS 9 at various institutions. He will also share his views on the development and direction of IFRS 9. The instructor will also share how to develop models for the implementation of IFRS 9.
- Financial Department Staff;
- Credit Department staff;
- Risk Department staff;
- Internal Auditors; and
- Audit Committee members
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS
In just 2 days delegates will:
- Understand how the latest IFRSs are developed and implemented in practice;
- Examine the role of impairment and hedge accounting and identify anomalies and restrictions contained in IFRS 9;
- Identify practical implementation issues together with solutions; and
- See how IFRS 9 can be implemented in a simple and effective manner.