Asset management has become an increasingly important part of organizational best practices. Corporations have realized that effective asset management can provide real benefits and cost savings. Tangible (physical) assets are a vital corporate resource and applying the principles of asset management will ensure this resource input is at the lowest overall cost.
The asset management framework provided in this workshop is flexible enough for any organization. You can apply it to a single project, a department, or use it as a basis for an enterprise-wide asset management program. This highly interactive event is meant for government officials who know and understand how it feels to have a bad audit report.
Further information is available on request.
- Understand key Component accounting of assets
- Procure assets in line with Legislative requirements
- Track, account for and manage immovable Assets
- Planning and Budgeting for Asset Management
- Asset attachments (how to dispose the asset components and accounting for them)
- Differentiating between Asset components, Repairs and Maintenance
- Replacement decision of Assets
- Understand the applicable regulatory framework to ensure compliance.
- Understand how assets should be treated and reported under GRAP, GAAP and IFRS
- Specifications and the application of functionality as a criterial of evaluation
- The asset register (how the asset register works, where to obtain information from and how to update the asset register)