This course is accredited with PSeta – Aligned to US 377913, NQF Level 5, 15 CREDITS
The Public Finance Management Act, Act 1 of 1999 (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations (TR), require the National and Provincial government sphere departments in South Africa to align their budgets to the achievement of their strategic plans. In order to achieve this, Management in the public sector must be empowered to apply strategic and operational planning principles for effective public service delivery.
This training will include reference to the Institutions 2014 – 2019 Strategic Plans, National Treasury MTEF and Budget Guidelines for 2015. This course is designed to assist managers in the public sector to effectively apply the requirement of the PFMA, TR and other related legislation as well as implement public financial management reform initiatives in the South African public sector
During this course on PFMA and TR, you will learn to:
Further information is available on request.
- Familiarise yourself with principles of sound Public Sector Financial Management.
- Identify the Roles and Responsibilities of Line Managers regarding Public Financial Management.
- Understand the Core Components of the PFMA and Treasury Regulations (TR).
- Link the budget to the Strategic and Operational Planning within the MTEF (Medium Term Expenditure Framework).
- Apply a sound public financial management process with regard to Revenue, Expenditure, Assets and Liabilities and prevent Unauthorised, Irregular and Wasteful Expenditure.
- Apply effective Risk Management principles and Internal Control Systems.
- Identify and apply actions required for successful integration of the Supply Chain Management Model into a government department’s management process.