3 DAY MONITORING AND EVALUATION -US: 252034 & 252032 NQF LEVEL 5, 16 CREDITS.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION, US: 252034 & 252032 NQF level 5, 16 credits.
This skills programme is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
- all managers in government departments;
- all members in the monitoring and evaluation unit in government departments; and
- programme and project managers.
On completion of this skills programme, learners will be able to:
- formulate performance standards for team members in a unit;
- establish systems for monitoring performance of team members;
- prepare for a performance review of a team member;
- conduct a performance review interview;
- describe and explain a range of project schedule control processes and techniques;
- monitor actual project work versus planned work and record and communicate schedule changes.
Monitoring & Evaluation is an important management function in today’s business and government landscape. Monitoring and Evaluation systems essentially focus on the tracking and evaluation of organisational performance. Government, as well as business managers are increasingly challenged to provide evidence for whether their projects or policies are achieving clearly defined outcomes and impacts.
Results-based monitoring and evaluation systems provide feedback on the actual outcomes and goals of government programmes and projects. Results-based systems require answers to questions like:
- What higher-order objectives and expected outcomes has the department set?
- Have measurable outcomes and impacts been achieved?
- Are these outcomes and impacts sustainable?